Bluewater is operated by Blueco Limited ("we", "us", "our" or "Blueco").
Bluewater aims to be a safe, relaxed and friendly environment for all our guests. We would ask that all guests respect the Code of Conduct detailed below, in the interests of everyone's enjoyment and well-being.
Bluewater consistently aims to maintain high standards and does not permit the following:
- Any intimidation of our guests by groups of individuals. All groups of more than five without the intention to shop may be asked to leave Bluewater.
- Unsociable or anti-social behaviour.
- Pets coming into the centre, with the exception of assistance dogs. Pets are otherwise permitted in the external spaces but provided that in all cases, guests appropriately dispose of any pet faeces.
- Shopping trolleys on the malls.
- The wearing of any item of clothing which restricts the view of one's head/face (e.g. hoods) with the exception of religious headwear.
- The convening of car clubs, meet-ups or car cruising.
- Swimming in or entering any of the ponds or lakes located within the external area of Bluewater.
- Ensuring that our guests are free to shop and relax, Bluewater does not permit the following:
- Leafleting, canvassing or the conducting of third party interviews or surveys unless agreed by Bluewater Centre Management.
- Unauthorised busking or the selling of goods in the centre car parks or other external spaces.
To ensure the health and safety of our guests, Bluewater asks that visitors respect and show due consideration for the building, environment and other users by:
- Adhering to our no smoking policy within the malls. Smoking of cigarettes, is only permitted within designated areas.
- Keeping clear of all fire escapes except in an emergency.
- Not cycling, roller-blading using micro-scooters, segway scooters and hoverboards or skating in the centre.
- Not climbing or sitting on any balustrade, barrier, fence, escalator infill or railing.
- Using customer lifts and escalators appropriately.
- Disposing of any litter appropriately in the receptacles provided within the centre and external areas.
Photography & Filming
We do encourage guests to enjoy their experience at Bluewater, including the taking of photographs during their visit for their own personal and domestic use. We reserve the right, however, to ask guests not to film or take photographs within Bluewater where we feel that it is necessary in the interests of the safety, privacy or enjoyment of other guests or so as to prevent any civil or criminal offence being committed. Commercial photography and filming can only be conducted with the express permission of the Bluewater Centre Management Team. If you would like to film or take photos during your visit to Bluewater and have any questions as to what is permitted under this code, please contact the Bluewater Centre Management Team, who will be happy to provide you with further assistance.
Bluewater Centre Management: 01322 475475
We may from time to time undertake photographs and/or videography of areas at Bluewater including guests and their property for publicity, advertising and communication materials in relation to services and facilities offered at Bluewater. We shall where practicable notify guests for example by way of notices and request specific waivers, however by entering Bluewater you agree to the use of any such photographs or videos.
We would also ask our guests to adhere to the following conditions:
- The carrying of alcohol in open containers and the consumption of alcohol in the malls, car parks or other external areas is prohibited and alcohol may only be consumed within appropriately licensed premises within the centre.
- Any act of vandalism will be notified to the Police.
- Any person either bringing, selling or taking any illegal substance, or drugs paraphernalia within Bluewater will be reported to the Police immediately.
- No use of legal highs is permitted including Co2 canisters.
- Clear access routes must be maintained for emergency services.
- Under exceptional circumstances Bluewater may request guests are subject to a search of their person upon permission of entry.
Blueco reserves the right to deny an individual or individuals entry to Bluewater including the centre and external areas for any period of time as it may determine in its absolute discretion and has the right to escort any such individual or individuals from the Bluewater site.
In addition, any individual or individuals who disregard the Code of Conduct will be excluded from Bluewater at the entire discretion of Blueco.
Blueco reserves the right to amend this Code of Conduct at any time without prior notice.
Should you have any concerns, please contact the Bluewater Centre Management Team, Upper Rose Gallery, Bluewater, Greenhithe, Kent. DA9 9ST – 01322 475475.